Friday, September 28, 2012

An everlasting touch.

It's not too often in life that you find people that touch you in such a way that you'll never forget.... I don't mean physically... but emotionally... There are some people that in some magical way will never leave you even when they are long gone.

I have been blessed with such an amazing abundance of experiences and amazing people in my life that sometimes it seems that I should pinch myself to see if I wake up. From having amazing friends who stand by my side, and enjoy all the little moments..... like meeting our favorite bands... taking impromptu trips... just sharing laughs and tears .... But like everyone else, I think that I can easily pinpoint the person in my life who has made most impact, and who helped me most... and while no longer with us, continues to help me grow into the woman I am becoming.

It is no secret that Bob Zabinski, my former voice teacher, friend, sometimes counselor and all around amazing man is someone that I would give almost anything in my present day life to just have 24 more hours to talk to. Years have passed since the last time I was able to be in his presence and soak up his knowledge, and serenity..... Not to say he was a serene man by any means... but the lessons he taught me went far beyond the sound booth. 

I learned from him that I am pretty damn amazing! That my limits are only set by my own mind... that if you give things the right push, they might just surprise you. I also learned the valuable lessons of defeat, and when to gracefully step aside. These things carry with me on a day to day basis, every single moment of my life. 

There are certainly times where I look up in the sky and know without any doubt that there is something beyond this earthly life, where in fact Bob lives on... still every day watching over me and teaching me little life lessons that come so much more easily to me if I am open to them. I cannot say that I always am... but I never always was! Part of growing into the person I am, is due to all of the amazing blessings that I have lived. There isn't a day in my life where I don't think about Bob and all he did for me, and how I wish there was just one more day.... But that being said, there is also not a single day where I don't reach deep down into my memory and into my soul and face every situation with as much respect to myself and as much grace as I can. 

So, in closing, I won't say live life to the fullest, or tell someone you love them, even though you probably should... who doesn't already know that though....... Instead I say, take a step back once in a great while... and take the time to acknowledge every little thing that made you who you are. If there is something you don't like, you and you along have the capability and commitment to your self to change it. Also, never be afraid to look to someone to help you along... in the flesh, or in passing clouds. Don't live every day as if it's your last... live it as if it is theirs. 

<3


No comments:

Post a Comment